Thursday, April 24, 2014

Choosing between pain relief and lethargy

Been having a slump this week. I think the new pain meds are making me too groggy to function. So hard to get out of bed, been missing my 6 AM morning meditation and then the rest of the day doesn't tend to be very productive. By the time it gets to 2 or 3 PM, I'm too dispirited to do the afternoon meditation.

I'm going to call my psychiatrist and tell him I want to discontinue the new pain meds. Meditating makes me feel a lot better and has no side effects besides taking 2 hours out of my day. 
Taking 2 hours to meditate every day seemed like a lot to me. But with these meds, I'm losing most of every day and feeling like there's no point in leaving the apartment.  Frankly, I'd rather live with the pain and feel more alive.