I rarely link to outside sites on this blog, because I believe it's important to create original content.
However, this conversation project looks absolutely amazing. If you can get to W. 37th St. in Manhattan, you can go down there in person and talk to a complete stranger.
You can also make a stranger's day by typing in a sentence or a poem on the website. Your contribution will stream on the storefront with an interactive screen, and it's absolutely anonymous. Cool, right?
"The Talk Shop is the city's 1st spontaneous conversation salon. From now until Saturday evening, April 13, 2013, come drop your bags, drop your guard and drop some truth… With a complete stranger. We record your words and podcast the highlights on iTunes.
We'll also pull snippets of Talk from inside the Shop and from online contributors to stream on the storefront with an interactive screen."
http://www.talkshopnyc.com/
Anyone in New York City willing to join me in person? I plan to go there as soon as I'm feeling strong enough to be a little bit vulnerable. We could meet there and encourage each other.
If you prefer to contribute anonymously, you can simply type in any text you like on the website, and your text will be streamed on an interactive screen for everyone to see in Midtown Manhattan. What an opportunity!