Thursday, October 9, 2014

Forgiving myself every day


I've been using a website called Health Month to keep track of health-related goals.

Every month, I set 3 simple rules intended to improve my health. The website gives me "life points" for following my rules, and takes them away when I don't follow them.

For October, I've decided to forgive myself for one mistake or lapse every day.  I've done it for a week already, and it's interesting to note that I'm pretty hard on myself. I think because I'm not working full-time, I feel that I should accomplish something big every day.

However, I'm noticing that I feel better when I follow my intuition, which often tells me to stay home, rest, read fiction, play with a dog, and nap. It makes sense that I would need to rest after being addicted to work for most of my life.  After all, I'm taking this time off so that I can rest and recover.