Today I met a friend's five-year-old daughter at an awesome playground. Her grandmother had previously told me that she had named herself something interesting.
I asked, "what is your name?
She said "NorLeeLee big
big big big big
big big big big big
big big big Girl."
According to the mother, a good friend of mine, this girl's 8 year old brother insists that everyone call him either Daisy or Daphne, depending on his mood each day.
Surprised, I enquired whether people at school actually calls him using those two names. She replied yes. [Oh, Canadian public schools. I miss you so.]
I shouldn't be too surprised. My friend and I have specific names for ourselves, only in the context of our friendship. I've asked her to call me Hubcap and she is Esquante.
I have another friend whose name is often mispronounced. She calls herself "Any." Logically, when we are together I become "Every."
It's fun to change names like we change into different clothes, depending on the occasion and context. Today I'm Drummer Husky Girl. Also known as Stephen Hawking Jr. the Third.